As a former WordPress developer. Working on both the WordPress project itself as well as developing many WordPress plugins. He was able to give the attendees a view into the future of the popular blogging platform.
Coming in the future
- Backend UI redesign
- Upgrade API – themes and plug-ins on the fly
- Quick Edit – Inline Editing
- Improved Comments – Threaded comments
- Close comments on Old Posts
- New HTTP Request API
- Press This improvements – Live Blogging
- New UI API for plug in developers
- phpDoc – better “in code” documentation
- APP Importer – Moveable Type, Typepad, Blogger.
- New Default Theme – Based on Sandbox
Due to the number of people who thought the admin page redesign could have been better. The team has decided to rework the UI to be more inline with their users requests.
This sounds like a very exciting feature making the managing of updated very easy.
Think Dreamweavers inline editing feature.
Giving users the ability to say comments for posts older than a month old are now closed.
Not necessarily for the end user but good to know.
- More Social Network Intergration